The Slushers' Adventures in Germany ~ A Marine Family Transplanted in Europe

Monday, May 10, 2010

My First Mother's Day German Style

Happy Mothers Day to my Mother, Mother in Law, Sister and all my wonderful friends who inspire me everyday!

We had a wonderful day! We had brunch together as a family. Then we decided to partake in our first German festival, Fruhlingsfest (Spring Festival). It has been going on for a week but yesterday was the last day. We walked to the train station and went to Stuttgart where the huge carnival was set up. We rode rides, shopped, ate, drank beer, and people-watched like it was cool. At one point, a cloud came up and it started to rain. Then out of nowhere, it started hailing. Everyone crowded under the tents and drank beer. Then it stopped and everyone wandered out again.

Mark and I rode the Transformer. You are strapped to chairs in a circle, then the floor drops out and the thing starts to spin and flip. It went on forever. I tried to scream but no sound came out! For the rest of the day, our heads felt funny (or as Mark called it, "my eggs are scrambled"). We had headaches when we got off the train, so we took a taxi home.

I am such a lucky lady to be blessed to be the mom of two amazing boys and two stepchildren. Oh, and an awesome husband too!! Being a mom is the hardest job ~ and the most rewarding job. Definitely the most impressive thing I have ever done.

To my kids: I love you with all my heart and want the very best life has to offer you!! Every day with you is my gift!!

No comments:

Post a Comment